Hello Everyone – this not only for college fairs, but also provides links for some other great hidden gems.
What to do in a College Fair!
At the fair, you’ll find out about academic programs, campus activities, financial aid, and admissions requirements and have the opportunity to talk briefly with college representatives.
- Make a point to talk with the college representatives – they want to engage with you and answer your questions.
- Take notes.
- Sign up to be on the mailing lists at colleges that interest you.
- Pick up brochures from colleges that interest you and take them home to review.
- Attend information sessions, if available.
Be sure to go to the fair prepared to maximize your time. Bring paper and pen to take notes, and a list of questions.
Some questions you may want to ask:
- What are the college’s strengths?
- What kind of extra academic help is available?
- If you are the first in your family to go to college: do you have any programs for students who are the first in their family to go to college?
- What majors are the most popular?
- What are the admissions requirements?
- What scholarships and financial aid are available?
- What qualities should prospective students have?
- When must I choose a major?
- What is the average student to teacher ratio?
- Is student housing guaranteed all four years?
- How are roommates selected?
- What programs are offered to help students adjust to college life?
- What other student services are offered (tutoring, career counseling, study groups)?
- Please estimate the percentage of grants, scholarships, loans and work-study awarded in your financial aid packages.
- How many freshmen return for their sophomore year?
Date: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
SUNY College Fair for Students and their Families
Date: Wednesday, October, 11 2017
Location: The Javits Center All students and families are welcome!
Link to Flyer
Date: Sunday, October 15th, 2017
NACAC STEM College Fair
For those students interested in the science, math, or Technology fields this is a great opportunity to get to know more colleges that offered many majors and futher your opportunity in the field.
Location: The Javits Convention Center
Time: 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Registration: WWW. NACACFAIRS.org/Stem _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date: October 21,2017
College Access Fair for African-American/Black and Hispanic/Latino Students
Meet with college representatives and attend workshops designed to help you navigate the college application process.
12:30-3:35 p.m. Saturday, October 21, 2017
Pre-Fair Sessions begin at 11 a.m. (see details below)
Fordham University (Rose Hill Campus), Bronx, NY
All students and families are welcome!
High School seniors are eligible to win a $1,000 college scholarship!*
Date: October 22, 2017
Big Apple College Fair
Representatives from colleges and universities will attend the Big Apple College Fair on Sunday, October 22, 2017 at the Jacob Javits Center, Hall 1C from 1-4 pm.
Interested in one of the SUNY Colleges or Universities?
Check out the open house schedule to visit one of our NY State Colleges
Below are links to some fun and light articles to prepare you for the college experience, inspire you, and educate you on some college trends.
Why You Shouldn’t Expect Your College Roommate To Be Your Best Friend
Topic of Your Choice as a College Essay. Just Because You Can
The True Value of a College Education
College is the Goal. The Problem? Getting There.
CUNY to Revamp Remedial Programs, Hoping to Lift Graduation Rates
Five Myths About Historically Black Colleges and Universities
Along the Autism Spectrum, a Path Through Campus Life
New Item on the College Admission Checklist: LinkedIn Profile